Problem installing Fedora Core 5

David Kettle david.kettle at email2me.net
Thu Jun 8 20:42:55 UTC 2006

Hi!

I've been running Fedora Core 4 alongside Windows 2000 for a while now, but I'm having trouble installing Core 5. I'm using System Commander 2000 as a boot loader, rather than "grub". I also noticed that a new file system is being used. Could this be the cause of my problem? Maybe System Commander 2000 doesn't recognize a partition formatted in this way as a bootable partition? I managed to install Core 5, but when I tried to boot it from the System Commander menu, nothing happened, except that my screen filled up with the old DOS "happy face" characters.

Thanks for any help!

Email2me is probably the best email in the world. It is FREE.    http://www.email2me.com