How to correct "maximal mount count reached" error?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Jun 9 04:11:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 04:06:59PM +1200, kjcsb wrote:

 > Jun  9 14:49:28 conversant01 kernel: EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count
 > reached, running e2fsck is recommended

As it suggests, you should run fsck periodically.
shutdown -F will force a fsck of all partitions on the next reboot.

 > I guess it's fairly fundamental misconfiguration and I would appreciate any
 > advice to correct it.

You can adjust how often (how many mounts, or how long in time) it requests
you do this check with tune2fs on a per-partition basis.
The man page has lots of info.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk