Access Denied

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:05:22 UTC 2006

On 6/9/06, Ankush Grover <ankush174 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [root at bde root]# mysqladmin -u root -p create kaushal
> > Enter password:
> > mysqladmin: CREATE DATABASE failed; error: 'Access denied for user:
> > 'root at localhost' to database 'kaushal''
> >
> hey,
>
> You can create the database from the mysql prompt
>
> mysql>  create database kaushal;
>
> I tried the same command on my system and there was no error
>
> mysqladmin -u root -p create kaushal
>
> and I checked the database was indeed created.
>
> Did you supplied the correct password ?
>
> Regards
>
> Ankush Grover

Ankush,

I know this command to create database at the mysql > prompt, but can
you please let me know why  mysqladmin -u root -p create kaushal
doesnot work
I am able to login to MySQL server using

[root at bde root]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 25 to server version: 3.23.54

mysql>

But why am I not able to create database at the root # prompt using
mysqladmin command

Do let me know if you want more info on this

Thanks

Kaushal