Access Denied

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 9 12:36:53 UTC 2006

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi ALL
>
> I am faced with a issue of creating database , The issue is I am able
> to enter to the MySQL Server with the password, but when i try to
> create database I get Access Denied

> [root at bde root]# mysqladmin -u root -p create kaushal

You can't create databases using the mysql client like that.  Man mysql
will tell you that the command line syntax is:

mysql [options] db_name

..so it's taking the last argument (kaushal) as the name of the database
  you want to connect to, and then throwing an error because it doesn't
exist.

To create a database from the command line use mysqladmin instead.

mysqladmin -u root -p create kaushal

Simon.