firefox update

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Fri Jun 9 17:59:26 UTC 2006

James Wilkinson wrote:
> Globe Trotter wrote:
>> just wondering when the updated firefox rpm will show up? as many as 13(?)
>> patches were issued more than a week ago to get firefox 1.5.0.4.
>
> There's a related story on lwn.net about Firefox updates:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/186614/

As we rednecks like to say, "the lord helps those who help themselves".

Just yum remove firefox, install the 1.5.0.4 tarball in /usr/local,
and be happy.

"Every nonfree program has a lord, a master--and if you use the
program, he is your master.", RMS.

"Every RPM package has a lord, a master--and if you use the package,
he is your master.", Me.

Regards,

John