Bootup problem after installing Fedora Core_5 2006

Markku Kolkka markkuk at tuubi.net
Sun Jun 11 15:19:27 UTC 2006

Claude Yu kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 11.
kesäkuuta 2006 04:07):
> However, system rebooted gave a strange behavior I don't know
> how to deal with it is it always asked for entering :
>
> Localhost login:
> password:

Why do you think this is "strange"? Linux is a multi-user
operating system, and users must be identified and authenticated
before they can get access to the system.

> This wasn't anything requested for my entries from
> installation but only usrname and password for the /root
> partition.

Partitions don't have usernames or passwords. During the
installation you defined the password for the root _user_, which
is the administrative account in Linux. Log in with the username
"root" and the password you defined during installation, then
you can set up a normal user account for everyday use.

> Therefore, I tried many way but couldn't have a
> clue in order to let the system bootup to normal KDE mode. Can
> you tell what have gone wrong?

If you install in text mode, the system will start up in text
mode. Nothing has gone wrong, everything works as it should.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi