Goto Command Line from Grub without X

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Sun Jun 11 18:58:17 UTC 2006

I guess that I was not clear.  I understand how to change the default
action during boot by editing inittab.  Sometimes however, as when
compiling the nVidida linux drivers, I must be in a non-X environment
without X running at all.  In this case it would be nice to be able to
boot to a non-X environment without editing inittab.  Such as before
grub we could enter Linux 3 at boot and go to a non-X system without the
inittab edit.

Thanks,

Bob