Photo gallery recommendation?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 11 19:20:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 12:34 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> The download includes a picassa-specific version of wine so there
> is an extra few MB of overhead until the fixes make it into the
> mainstream version.
>
> http://picasa.google.com/linux/learn_more.html

I've already seen that, but it still doesn't avoid the fact that you're
running a Windows program.  It's not really a Linux version of Picasa.

I've yet to experience anything running through an emulation (and I'm
aware that Wine says it's not an emulation), run as fast, or as well as,
an application that's meant for your OS.

I read messages from the public lists.