system-config-kickstart failure to run

When ever I run system-config-kickstart I get the following error:

# whereis system-config-kickstart
system-config-kickstart: /usr/bin/system-config-kickstart /usr/share/system-config-kickstart /usr/share/man/man8/system- config-kickstart.8.gz
[root incredibles ~]# vi /usr/bin/system-config-kickstart
[root incredibles ~]# system-config-kickstart
system-config-kickstart requires either the base or development yum repository enabled for package selection.  Please enable one of these in /etc/yum.repos.d and restart the program.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/system-config-kickstart.py", line 80, in ?
    kickstartGui.kickstartGui(file)
  File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/kickstartGui.py", line 137, in __init__
    self.packages_class = packages.Packages(xml, self.kickstartData)
  File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/packages.py", line 125, in __init__
    self.y = sckYumBase()
  File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/packages.py", line 105, in __init__
    sys._exit(1)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_exit'
#

I have the same problem on two different installes.  I looked in /etc/yum.repos.d/ for either base or developement.  Base was not there, but there was a core which was enabled and I enabled development (set enabled=1in fedora-development.repo).

After upgrading to the developement package I get the following error:

# system-config-kickstart
system-config-kickstart requires either the base or development yum repository enabled for package selection.  Please enable one of these in /etc/yum.repos.d and restart the program.
#

Can someone please tell me what to look for?  I have looked at /usr/share/system-config-kickstart/packages.py and found it seems to be looking for a local repos, I think.  I have googled this and have not found an answer.  Please help.
--
Jamie Bohr