getting a wireless netgear WG511T card to work on FC

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 12 17:52:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 08:28:43AM -0700, bruce wrote:
> is it possible to have both line/wireless (eth0/ath0) running at the same
> time? could this be the cause of my problems?

Yes.

> when i do a:
>   ifup ath0
> i get  "/sbin/ifup <configuration for ath0 not found"

There is ifcfg-ath0 missing. Check http://madwifi.org/ for more
information also tailored to Red Hat and Fedora Core setups.

> when i do :
>   iwconfig
> i get (eth0, sit0, wifi0, lo) no wireless extension, and ath0 gives me
> information
>
> when i do:
>    ifconfig
> i get information for eth0 and lo...

Try ifconfig -a to also see the non-up interfaces
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net