Gaim annoyances

Tue Jun 13 02:03:21 UTC 2006

Thanks Rick, I got it figured out already.

On 6/13/06, Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 07:26 +0800, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing
> Lists) wrote:
> > Annoyance No. 1: Mute sounds by default.
> >
> > I can't seem to find where this may be disabled or not. I'm not so
> > keen to the idea of my headset beeping whenever I log in to gaim and
> > forgot to mute the sounds.
>
> Tools->Preferences->Sounds.  Edit away.  Change what you want.

Hmmm... was expecting it to be a one-click mute all option though.
Didn't expect that you'd have to disable each sound notice for each
event.

> > Annoyance No. 2: No more flashing of the IM window when there's a new message
> >
> > The flashing is too distractive. I don't know if this is a GNOME or a
> > gaim feature though.
>
> Tools->Preferences->Conversations.  Enable/disable what you want.

I went to to Tools->Preferences->Plugins->Message Notification and
unchecked "IM windows" checkbox on the "Notify for" category.

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.