FC5 mozilla/firefox can't openb .pdf files

Yuandan Zhang yuandan.zhang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 06:37:57 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Paul Erickson wrote:
>
> I think I got the attributions right.
>
> > Hi Matthew,
> >
> > See below.

> document
> >>>

> >> Does this happen for every PDF or just some?
> >
> > As far as I can tell, it happens to every pdf.
> >
> >> If you click Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads -> View Actions, is PDF
> >> listed? What does it say it will do in that case?
> >>
> > The only thing enabled is the "Open download manager"
>
> Did you see the View Actions button?  I need to expand the window size
> before it shows up.  (On the other hand, I don't have anything listed
> in that window.)
>

> >> Do you have evince or Acrobat Reader plugin installed? Do you have
> >> mozplugger installed? Is this a 64-bit or 32-bit system?
> >>
> > No, Acrobat is not installed. Neither is mozplugger. This is a 32-bit
> system.
>
> Pretty strange.  It looks like some of the bugs listed in the earlier post
> may be relevant, but I don't have any of those problems--PDFs open just
> fine.  The only thing I have that I haven't seen mentioned is the Disable
> Targets for Downloads Firefox plugin.

I suppose you might try that.

as a temperary solution try this, use xpdf, instead of evince

application/pdf:pdf:PDF file
application/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file
text/pdf:pdf:PDF file
text/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file
        ACROREAD()
        repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(kpdf) fill: kpdf "$file"
        GV()