FC4 or FC5

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Wed Jun 14 20:13:19 UTC 2006

Sean <seanlkml at sympatico.ca> wrote: On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
BRUCE STANLEY
 wrote:

> FUD is it?   My T41 had a wifi and AC7 modem driver available to it in
> Suse 10.0 and 9.3.   Gone in 10.1.
>
> The 'FUD' you speak of has kept me from putting Suse 10.1 on my Laptop.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Sean

Sean, don't get me wrong.  I think the GPL has some great merits.
But,  stop living in a dream world.

Hardware vendors are not going to develop  full functioning drivers and
then release them to the open source community if this gives their
competitors an insight as to how to compete against them.

BSD Unix is still a small fish in the bucket due to similar problems.