High resolution screen-shots

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Jun 15 05:13:37 UTC 2006

Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I am trying to get high resolution screen-shots. Is there some tool
> for that? (Ksnapshot is not enough.)
>
> Thanks in advance,

Personally, I just forgo all of the GUI things and run `import -window
root screenshot.png` from a terminal window. (The 'import' utility is
part of the ImageMagick package.)

As mentioned, the resolution of the screenshot is that of your running X
desktop, so if you're running at a lower resolution, your screenshot
will be at that lower resolution. You could also try the 'convert'
utility from the same package to resize it afterward if needed.

Hope that helps.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479