No floppy device in FC5

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 15 14:23:45 UTC 2006

nigel henry wrote:

[snip]

> Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain about this problem, I want to

Why not?

> see it fixed, and clearly, at least with KDE, there is a problem at the
> moment.
>
> Perhaps the bright spark who decided to remove the removable media
> from /etc/fstab would post back, telling me how I can access my floppy drive
> while logged into KDE.

Unless the eventual plan is get rid of /etc/fstab entirely, then
different file systems should not have their mounts described in
different places and in different formats. Especially, I for one
do not like systems automatically doing stuff without there being
a place to control how they do it.

> Nigel. (not too impressed with FC5)

Hmm. Have you thought about Debian?

Mike