grandkids strike again

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 16 03:48:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 22:33 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> One of my grandchildren just sent me a .wmv file.
>
> Do we have a plugin for mplayer to handle that?

Yes, mplayer can play them.  When I installed the large collection of
codecs, WMV was amongst them.

The only problem I've encountered is protected WMV files, though even on
Windows I've never seen any mechanism that allows you to view them.
Nothing pops up for you to enter credentials, or some other form of
authentication.

I read messages from the public lists.