gimp WON'T print

Steven Pasternak stevenp500 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 16 21:21:06 UTC 2006

Hi! I have tried to get gimp to print forever, but it just won't. I told
it to use the printer 'printer' (HP deskjet 3650). It says that it
prints, but the print monitor thing that pops up in the notify area
never shows. I tried to manually setup the printer from gimp (shouldn't
have to!), but I can't find the stupid deskjet ppd's ANYWHERE. I am on
an FC5 system and printing works with every other program installed,
even wine! Gimp has always given me trouble with printing. What is wrong
with it? Thanks!
-Steven