VDQ : version number convention

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00002 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 06:49:24 UTC 2006

Beartooth wrote:

> I dunno whether I never saw it, or did and forgot; I'm sure I should
> know, but don't: does FC have a numbering convention like some apps

Don't think so. Each release is just more "bleeding-edge" than the
previous. :)

> I seem to have a lot more trouble running odd-numbered FCs than even?

I guess you're just born lucky. :)

Seriously though, a lot of it has to do with the kernel. Later updates
usually fix it though (but introduce a whole new set of problems).

IME eventually you'll find a kernel release that WorksForYou®. Also,
just as "prelink" was a big problem in previous releases (fault lay
mainly with static libs in other installed packages, but all fixed now
AFAIK), SELinux seems to be having the same kind of teething/transition
problems on FC5. Policy updates are being released regularly though, and
of course you can just turn it off if you want, but just like prelink, I
think eventually it will all settle down.

-
K.