Dead disk

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 22:36:53 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Ah, I see what you're up to. I'll put the machine to work and see what
> it does. If it crashes, in what logs should I look? I've already
> peaked into most of what's in /var/log but didn't see anything that
> looked like a crash report. But as that's the first time I've ever
> looked at those logs, I could be wrong. I'm not familiar with them.

To be honest, if the system freezes, that probably means it didn't get a
chance to log anything. This is narrow-down-the-problem-to-one-part-of-
the-computer-and-see-what-happens style troubleshooting, not get-a-
logfile-and-look-in-Google time...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo."