Applications unusable

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 04:21:14 UTC 2006

On 19/06/06, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 22:34 +0100, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Tried that yesterday when Amarok stoped working. And until K3B made
> > it's noise I thought that the problem was with the soundcard.
> >
> > And no I've no internet on that machine! On the router the green light
> > is lit, so it apparantly 'sees' the linbox, but the linbox doesn't
> > even see then router when I use the router's IP address.
>
> I was talking sound card and you are talking networking. I was able to
> get some sound stuff to work before I changed the setting and rebooted
> too but that fixed it for me.
>
> well...how do you get the updates installed if you don't have it
> connected?
>
> what do you get when you type...
>
> ifconfig
>
> cat /etc/modprobe.conf
>
> Craig

I went to sleep, and now the net is working again. The lack of
internet was only for about a half an hour before I went to sleep and
I was able to update  the machine for three days before that happened.
The post I made from the wifes winbox. At the time ifconfig was
"command not found" both for user and for root. Now, with the net up,
ifconfig shows what I'd expect.

Still, I cannot use Konqueror: "KDEInit cannot open /home/user" is the
translation of the error message that I get.

Dotan Cohen