FC4 or FC5

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 04:26:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 16:04, Michael wrote:

> One thing I hate that I think could be improved on. Important icons that
> are on the desktop which you can only reach my closing or minimizing all
> the windows open on top of it. Doh. The desktop is obviously an
> application like any other so it should behave like any other. Let's
> have a tab for it just as we do for other applications. Special cases
> are usually a bad idea.

Gnome does have a tool to minimize all open apps that you can
put on your taskbar, but I think it is handier to use
the virtual workspace switcher to jump to an empty desktop
to open the new app, then if I leave it open a long time,
move it to one of the cluttered desktops to keep at least
one empty.  With this technique the switcher works just like
you would expect tabs to work.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com