missing libnotify & libgnutls dependencies (URGENT)

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 01:58:14 UTC 2006

Will I took the leap and removed libnotify and gnutls via yum - it removed
KDE and Gnome as well as a whole bunch of other things.  Then I did a yum
install of the apps that were removed and wa-la everything seems to work
again.  I will try connecting to my Exchange server when I get into the
office in the morning.  That was scary, I'll never try that again ;)

I now have a test system to try the development stuff first.

Thank you, thank you,

 Jamie

On 6/18/06, Steven Pasternak <stevenp500 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Jamie Bohr wrote:
> > After trying to play with Evolution 2.7 I decided I needed to go back
> > to Evol 2.6 so I did a "yum remove evolution*" to remove it.  It
> > worked.  I diabled the development yum depot and did a "yum install
> > evoltution" only to find sinilar issues I had getting Evolution 2.7
> > installed - libnotify issues.  I;ve searched this list and found
> > someone else has similar if not the same issue.
> >
> > I poked around on my system and found libnotify.so and libnotify.so.1
> > from package libnotify.  The error below indicates I need
> > libnotify.so.0 - ARG.  There seems to be a miss match however I don't
> > know where.  I need this working before I go to work otherwise I will
> > be stuck using Exchanges webmail interface, it not bad just not all
> > that good.
> >
> > What can I do about the error below?
> >
> > # yum install evolution
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libnotify.so.0 is needed by package evolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package
> evolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package
> > evolution-data-server
> > #
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > --
> > Jamie Bohr
> When you installed the devel repo, it probably updated libnotify and
> libgnutls when it updated evolution. I only have the core, extras, and
> livna repos available with libnotify-0.3.0 and gnutls-1.2.10, which have
> both of your missing libraries. Try getting rid of the devel repo first
> and then uninstalling libnotify and gnutls with yum, no matter what the
> deps are, and then re-installing everything. I don't know if gnome is
> one of the dependencies, so I would try to do it from the command line
> ('/sibn/init 3' as root). Hope this helps!
> -Steven
>
> --

Jamie Bohr