only 11Mb/s with bcm43xx on F5?[Scanned]

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Jun 20 06:17:07 UTC 2006

James Pifer wrote:
> Anyone willing to do the same test as I did using ttcp with their
> wireless connection? Preferably with WEP enabled.

This is my results with WPA-PSK:

iwconfig  ttcp
rate      speed
M         KB/sec

1         102
2         181
5.5       375
6         480
9         439
11        638
12        360
18        489
24        499
36        6
48        No connection
54        No connection

The same machine when booted in Windows 2000
gets 2058 KB/sec.

No one else is using the AP. The AP is located
3 feet from the machine, no walls inbetween.

There's more overhead in WPA but this is also
the case in Windows.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk