Camera shake undo?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jun 20 17:46:13 UTC 2006

Bruno Postle wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>> I just now downloaded this refocus-it rpm and installed it.  While the
>> procedure and plugins browsers can find it, there appears to be no way
>> to actually execute it.  It doesn't show up in the tools or transforms
>> menu's nor in the plugin-fu  or script-fu pulldowns.
>
> The plug-in has a different name in the menu, but I can't remember
> exactly or check from here.
>
> If you query the RPM it will tell you:
>
>   rpm -qi gimp-refocus-it

which returns:
Filters/Enhance/Iterative refocus...

And by golly there it is.  I'd swear it wasn't there last night.  Its
also a wee bit slow, taking what appears to be about 20 minutes to
process a 24 megabyte image I preloaded.  The image, which I can't
duplicate again without several days reassembly work, had my camera
focused about 9 feet away on the grass instead of the object about a
foot away I wanted a record pix of.

The first pass seemed to indicate I needed to expand the top variable,
so I ran that up from 6 to 30, and brought the interations down to 4,
and I can't tell if its working or not, no progress bar because the
screenblanker kicks in before the refresh.  2.5 hours so far.  But, if
it will do the job, its worth it.

--
Cheers, Gene