c++ programming evironment (Todd Simi)

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Jun 21 02:10:06 UTC 2006

jdow wrote:
> Do be careful about use of features of the language. Visual C++ 3.0
> is pretty early on and may have some limitations 5.0 and 6.0 don't
> have. And I am sure current gcc++ is more accurate for C++ and has
> extensions VC++ does not understand. But for beginning work that
> should not be a big problem.

Yup. When I was taking a C++ class a couple of semesters ago, the Visual
C++ stuff we were using in the labs didn't support friend functions
(which you probably won't get to if it's just an introduction course). I
don't know offhand if Microsoft has pushed an update for this.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479