Software RAID

Brian Marsh b.marsh at anansi.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 18:03:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am a newbie to Fedora/Linux. Quite happy on M$ systems but looking to
build a nice solid mail server and thought a linux distro would be good
for the job.

I have been through the install and see it seems simple enough -
however, I would really like to create a simple RAID 1 mirror using the
two discs I have in the machine. I have to admit that I a little
flumaxed by this and working through the partitioning layout screens I
am not sure I quite get what I should do here.

All I want to do for now is a create a standard/default layout and
mirror this to the second disc.

Can anyone point me at somewhere that tells me how to do this step by
step and possible gives me an idiot's guide to the who partitioning
thing?

Thanks,

Brian