FC5 networking question, emachines t3418

Peter Horst phorst at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 26 00:37:46 UTC 2006

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>Peter Horst wrote:
>

>>[snip network issues]
>>

>[snip helpful advice]

Well, I got sick of mucking about so I grabbed an old NIC out of the
cupboard and threw it in.  A minute later I was up and running - I
guessed right that all I had to do was copy & slightly alter
"/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/cfg-eth0" as "cfg-eth1". So I guess it's
something with the actual hardware on that brand-new machine.  Drag.
Thanks everyone for all the help, it's definitely appreciated.

Is there any chance this could be considered a bug?  I'd report it if
there were a hardware database somewhere to check against.

Thank God computers still come with PCI slots :-)

Peter