Spam Filter

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 27 06:53:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 16:14 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Rejecting the message in the SMTP transaction means that the *sender*
> knows you didn't get the email, so they can either try resending a
> less-spammy message, or contacting you by other means if it's
> something important. No intervention needed on your part.

Restating the obvious:  Eliminating the big worry from anti-spam
filtering, that you might flag non-spam as spam, never see it, though
the recipient thought you did (because they had no error indication).
Once you've removed that "black hole" you're gained a much more useful
mail system.

I read messages from the public lists.