FC4 and Java...

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 10:46:11 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 11:09, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:

> >> Sun's licensing terms preclude distribution by third parties.

> >> That *is* the RPM package.  It's just that you have to build it
> >> yourself.
> >>
> >> The JPackage RPMs are designed to integrate properly with Fedora.  The
> >> Sun RPMs are broken.  The Sun .bin distribution doesn't integrate at
> >> all.  If all you want is the browser plugin, it doesn't matter much, but
> >> if you are doing anything more sophisticated than that, you definitely
> >> want to follow the JPackage Way.
> >>
> >> It looks scary at first, but it's really not that hard...
> >
> > Matthew, I've been trying to get Azureus working, and it looks like java
> > problems, so I tried to follow this.  Version numbers have moved on, but
> > I got the Sun package.  I hit problems with finding the jpackage, though.
> >  I got as far as http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/1.7/generic/non-free/
> > but I can't find any package that looks to be right.  Could you take a
> > look and re-direct me, please?
>
> Try my updated guide:
> http://www.city-fan.org/tips/JpackageJava

OK - one step further, then another problem.  It seems I'm not getting the key
installed.  I tried

rpm --import c431416d
error: c431416d: import read failed(-1).

rpmbuild --rebuild java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.07-1jpp.nosrc.rpm
Installing java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.07-1jpp.nosrc.rpm
warning: InstallSourcePackage: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID c431416d
warning: user jacorley does not exist - using root
warning: group ncsu does not exist - using root
warning: user jacorley does not exist - using root
warning: group ncsu does not exist - using root
warning: user jacorley does not exist - using root
warning: group ncsu does not exist - using root
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.11404
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ rm -rf /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/jdk1.5.0_07
+ export MORE=10000
+ MORE=10000
+ sh /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/jdk-1_5_0_07-linux-i586.bin
sh: /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/jdk-1_5_0_07-linux-i586.bin: No such file or
directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.11404 (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    InstallSourcePackage: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID c431416d
    user jacorley does not exist - using root
    group ncsu does not exist - using root
    user jacorley does not exist - using root
    group ncsu does not exist - using root
    user jacorley does not exist - using root
    group ncsu does not exist - using root
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.11404 (%prep)

Is this entirely the key issue?  What command should I have used?

Anne