how to block internet access for particular user on FC3

peter kostov fedora at light-bg.com
Tue Jun 27 14:21:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 23:24 +0100, Paul Ward wrote:
> If you use iptables remember to use the iptables-save to keep your
> changes when you are happy it works.
Yes, today I noticed that the changes I made yesterday are not saved
after the computer was shut down. I made the same changes again and
changed the line:
IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="no"
IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="yes"
in  /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config

The other way to do the same, I think is:
services iptables save

I think, iptables-save does  only a backup, that if written to a file
can be used  with iptables-restore to get to the saved state again.

> if your changes do not do as expected you can use iptables -F to flush
> them out of memory.
> When you are happy it works use either ntsysv to make sure iptables
> always starts from boot up
> or use chkconfig --levels 345 iptables on

Thanks, Paul!