Cooperative Bug Isolation for Fedora Core 5

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00002 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 19:50:52 UTC 2006

Ben Liblit wrote:
> Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:

>> You should be including [GPG key checking options] in your cbi.repo
>> file:

> Aah, right.  Good idea.  I've updated the handy-dandy CBI repository
> configurator (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/repo-config.html)
> to include those options.

Impressively quick response.

<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/rpm/fedora-4-i386/RPMS.tools/cbi-package-config-4-1.i386.rpm>

<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/rpm/fedora-5-i386/RPMS.tools/cbi-package-config-5-1.i386.rpm>

> Cool.  I should have done that a long time ago.  Thanks for the
> suggestion, Keith!

Such enthusiasm!

I don't use Evolution, Gaim, Gnumeric, or Rhythmbox, and I've never
even *heard* of Spim, but I'm a big Gnome fan and so obviously I use
Nautilus.

I've never seen the Gimp crash ever, but I've had Nautilus bomb out on
me a couple of times, so I'd be more than happy to contribute CBI
reports using your instrumented version.

I take it you are superseding core/updates using only release numbers
and not Epochs. Epochs are bad. Bad Epochs.

>> You're not related to *this* CBI, I take it:
>>
>> http://www.cbi.org.uk (The Confederation of British Industry).

> Nope.  Though if they have any bugs, I might be able to help fix
> them.  :-)

British Industry only has one major bug, and it's called TAX. Any
chance you could fix *that*?

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 20:49:09 up 9 days, 21:05,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.00, 0.00