Spam Filter

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 21:04:28 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 21:29, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > A tip on how to get rid of the sex spam would be appreciated.
>
> Check out the recent thread here on SpamAssassin and SpamBayes.  I
> believe that Kmail has some ability to integrate with the former, at
> least.

Indeed.  When I first fire up in the morning I watch the number of 'unread'
messages dwindle, as they are automatically marked as 'read' then moved to
local/trash, which is set to empty upon closing kmail.  I check /local/trash
for false positives once each evening.  Since all my other mail is on the
server box I never really notice the local box at all, and have to make a
real effort to remember to check it.

If you don't use an imap server for your mail, you could redirect the spam to
any folder of your choosing.  The only snag is that you can't set it to be
deleted automatically until it is at least 1 day old - unless someone knows
differently?

Anne