HELP: Fedora 5 causes kernel to always freeze!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 03:40:04 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 22:17 +0300, Georgios Petasis wrote:
> Dear Fedora users,
>
> I have an AMD-64 system which I have 32-bit fedora installed. The
> system was working
> perfectly with fedora core 4. When core 5 was released, I upgraded
> again to the 32-bit version.
> Since day one, I experienced random freezes. So, I did a clean install
> of 32-bit core 5.
> The freezes didn't stop. I get them so frequently, that it is
> impossible to work with the system.

As I mention in a previous post, mine went into kernel panics, and would
reboot. Then the system later went stone cold dead, thankfully! It was
the power supply and by dying on me it made it quite clear what the
problem was. Replaced it, no more problems and it works very cleanly.
It's a thought to consider. Ric