Kontact/kmail crashing frequently since Monday's gpg update (FC4)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 17:54:49 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 16:05, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Bummer (to myself, since I maintain gnupg2).  Any helpful error messages?
> Anything in ~/.xsession-errors?
>
> Regardless, wouldn't be a bad idea to file a report at
> bugzilla.redhat.com against Fedora Extras/gnupg2 to document your findings.

I was sufficiently worried that the problems were increasing to make me
reboot, and at least at the  moment it seems stable.

I think the first problem I saw was that kmail/kontact was freezing if the
public key could not be found.  I had never seen that before.  I tried adding
'keyserver-options timeout=10' (with and without the '=') to gpg.conf, which
didn't seem to make any difference.  Probably I compounded the problem by
restarting kontact after freezes.

At the moment I don't feel that I have anything useful to report either to you
or to bugzilla, but if it starts misbehaving again I'll see if I can gather
any info.

Incidentally, I don't appear to have an .xsession-errors file.  The only one I
can find is on the old partition that used to have Mandriva.  I wonder which
other file could have that kind of info?

Anne