several discrepancies with new -2139 kernel.

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Jun 28 18:34:03 UTC 2006

On Wed June 28 2006 1:41 pm, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> A workaround might be to use the NDISWrapper driver instead of
> the the bcm43xx driver included in the Linux kernel, at least
> until the kernel driver version fixes these bugs.
>
> So YMMV in the future as well, and I'd recommend you keep
> trying.  It's a nice tool when it works.  Reports I've seen of
> success with ndiswrapper have been mixed.

For the record, I'm using NDISwrapper fairly successfully on my
HP Pavilion with BroadCom NIC - I say 'fairly' because it's
behavior is inconsistent - I can usually get a connection, but
sometimes I have to go into the setup screens and tinker...but
this is not Fedora - it's PCLOS...also works under MEPIS
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA