file-copy corruption

Ambrogio fn050202 at flashnet.it
Thu Jun 29 20:06:07 UTC 2006

Il giorno gio, 29/06/2006 alle 17.20 +0100, T. Horsnell ha scritto:
> >Il giorno gio, 29/06/2006 alle 14.41 +0100, T. Horsnell ha scritto:
> >

> Yes, but what triggers it to start doing this? If the date and size
> of the files on the local and remote machine *are* the same, how do
> you force it to to do the crc check? What is a 'good configuration'?

First of all, rsync is a complex copy command, so I suggest to read the
man page, and test a lot before to start.

Rsync can be intended like a client-server apps, so on one side you can
start it as daemon.
Configuring daemon is usefull to create some room in which you can push
data (or pull) without go outside.

Option to force checksum instead of date-time is -c
also -I can work. Really I don't understand the difference, but I think
there is :-)

rsync is also used with ssh, but I never used it so I can't say if
checksum is performed also if you use ssh without daemon on the other
side.

Bye
 Ambrogio