Fedora Installation error Unknown interrupt or fault at EIP 00.6********************

Justin dlyzxl at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 16:39:08 UTC 2006

The error occurs after I hit "enter" key at the "boot:" screen. First, it loads some "img", then reports the errors many times, and reboots system automatically. I cannot control, and cannot read any installation logs.

  This computer can be installed Redhat Linux 9 from the book "SAMs teach yourself Redhat Linux 9 in 24  hours" (ISBN 0-672-32587-x) succesfully.

  Any more suggestions?

  Thanks,

  Justin

David Timms <dtimms at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
  Justin wrote:
> I encountered an installation error when I installed Fedora Core 5
> with my burned ISO at Compac Presario SR1010NX but no error at Dell
> Dimension 5150. The error is something like " Unknown interrupt or
> fault at EIP 00.6 ************************". After the error, the
> computer is rebooted.
At which anaconda screen are you up to when it announces the fault ?
Was it install or upgrade ?
Have you had linux on the Compaq before ?
If you can repeat the install failure, it would be worth watching the
installer logs on VT4 (ctrl-alt-f4 {or f3, I forget}), and pasting those
messages.

DaveT.