Kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5: eth0 dead

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Fri May 5 04:46:11 UTC 2006

On 5/4/06, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 01:34:28AM +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
>  > On 5/5/06, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
>  > >There was a Xen update in the FC5 which wasn't changelogged for some
>  > >reason.
>  > >It's believed this is responsible for the broken networking (even on
>  > >non-xen kernels).
>  > >(Which explains why the FC4 kernel didnt get the same bugs).
>  > >
>  > >I'm working on getting a 2109 built with the xen changes reverted.
>  >
>  > Would new version release to fix the error ?
>  > Because lots of people complaining it... :-)
>
> Yes. It's building right now.
> I've also asked for 2107 to be pulled from updates in the meantime.

Hi Dave,
Just installed, and am writing from, 2111 from your repo.  It is
working great!  No problems with RHGB or Ethernet.  Good detective
work and excellent response.  Because we don't say it enough, thanks
for what you do for Fedora!
Now, who should we slap around for commiting the Xen patch without
mentioning it in the changelog? ;)
Jonathan