Mozilla Suite vs. Firefox

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 5 08:15:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 19:31 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> For Firefox, the logic for setting preferences is not intuitive to me
> and the defaults are horrible. It downloads to the desktop by default
> and I had to hunt for where the desired preference was located.

I agree that desktop is a silly choice, but how hard was it to find the
entire section labelled as "downloads" in the *only* preferences window
Firefox has, and where the first thing it asks is where to download
files to?

While you're there, or with *any* other browser, you really should go
through and configure the entire thing properly.  For instance, many
browsers come set claiming that you only accept US English (never mind
what your locale setttings are for therest of the PC).  Then there's
settings for how much drive space you waste with the cache (generally
far too much), and plenty of other settings that the defaults aren't
always such brilliant choices.

Mozillas settings are far worse, a whole lot of things spread about all
over the place.

I read messages from the public lists.