livna + kyum

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 6 13:06:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 18:44 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 18:03 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > Works for me
> > Indeede it does. I found it was kyum that destroyed the livna
> > repository. It is destroyed when you click the livna box under
> > repositories tab, I filed a bugzilla.
>
> kyum should _not_ be modifying those config files.
> If it wants to alter them, it should COPY them into something
> like /var/kyum/repos.d before it messes with them - and then tell yum
> what it wants to use for its repos.d directory.
I agree it should not but it is destroying the livna repos.

> yum install yumex
>
> I know it's not a _kde_ app, but :shrug: - it never screws with my yum
> config files.
I have yumex installed but its functionality is poor compared to kyum.
And kyum works fine as long as you don't click on one of the livna
boxes. There must be someting about the form of the livna repos that
kyum can't deal with but I have not figured out what right now. So I
bugzillaed it. Bug; 190886

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>