FC5 Epiphany being refused by dbus

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Sun May 7 15:27:11 UTC 2006

Peter Gordon wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> I think it does, it's just "hidden".  If you play with a menu editor,
>> you'll find it's listed there but not enabled.
>
> Hmm. It's not listed for me in GNOME's menu editor (not even as a
> disabled item). I've posted a screenshot to show this:
>
> http://thecodergeek.com/images/no-mozilla-menu-item.png
>
> What's really funny is that it installs, according to `rpm -ql`, a
> mozilla.desktop file, which at a cursory glance appears correct in terms
> of syntax and whatnot.

At a quick glance, I didn't catch it either, but more study of
/usr/share/applications/mozilla.desktop revealed the line,

NoDisplay=true

When I commented it out like this

#NoDisplay=true

mozilla showed up in the menu, and to get the mozilla
red lizard menu icon, I changed the Icon line to this:

Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/mozilla-icon.png

--Kenny