scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Hou Xiang ZHU hou-xiang.zhu at st.com
Mon May 8 03:50:43 UTC 2006

Hi,
on my work PC, after I updated two scim related packages,(i.e
scim-1.4.4-9-->scim-1.4.4-9.1.fc5,
scim-libs-1.4.4-9 --> scim-libs-1.4.4-9.1.fc5), and reboot my PC, now I
can input Chinese using SCIM now UNDER en_US.UTF-8 locale.

But the fonts problem also exists here as my home PC,i .e can't display
some Chinese characters, although it can display correctly more
characters. still some only display as a block with 4 ASCII characters
inside.

Br,
Houxiang

Ed Greshko 写道: