Wireless recognization oddity

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Mon May 8 06:51:33 UTC 2006

I've noticed this before, but it hasn't really affected me until just
now: Whenever I boot FC5 with the power cable and the USB receiver for
my wireless keyboard mouse plugged in, the wireless card is not
recognized. The eth1 device is not created, everything acts as if the
card is simply not there. Without those two plugged in, it works fine,
even when i plug them in later. I will try one or the other later, but
for either one of them to cause this seems somewhat stupid and
Windows-ish to me. I figured this out today because usually, when I have
the power cable and wireless devices attached, I am plug into wired
ethernet, and when I don't, I use wireless. This has been happening
since I installed FC5 though, I just couldn't figure out the cause.
Any ideas?
-Dan