firefox

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:38:05 UTC 2006

On 5/8/06, brouwers roland lx <roland at cat.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Fedora Linux  2.6.11-1.14_FC3 with firefox 1.0.3., popup
> windows allowed
> When I get p.e. on a site like www.Q-music.be and click on 'enter site',
> I get a new window with pop-down menus. Normally when you pass with the
> mouse over the menubar, the menus should pop down, but they don't.
>
> There are more sites where I have the same trouble. Because I have here
> Microsoft guys that are looking at me as the enemy, it is important for
> me to find a solution.
>
> Somebody knows an answer?

Hello Roland. I have added the site to the list at IE-Only.com

With Flashblock installed, you can see the menus because they are
under the now-transparent flash. Howeve, they cannot be clicked on
because clicking activates the flash.

The problem is with the website, not with Firefox. The website
maintainer must fix the Z-index for Mozilla browsers. You should write
to him and make him aware of the mistake. Don't be intimidated about
writing to a "big website" asking them to change. Often, these
requests are granted, as it is most certainly in the site's interest
to help you.

Whenever you come across these usablility issues in Firefox, don't
hesitate to write to me, so that I can add them to IE-Only. The site
is not live yet, but I am active in promoting web standards compliance
and working with webmasters to publish valid code.

Dotan Cohen
http://IE-Only.com