fc5: install everything?

Tony Heaton theaton at lanl.gov
Mon May 8 20:25:10 UTC 2006

> On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 15:05 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 14:50, Craig White wrote:
> >
> > > Those who state that they will switch to SuSE because of this should do
> > > so. Since it is too late to do anything about it now, FC-5 has already
> > > been released, does this mean that if the option is back with FC-6
> > > installer that you will be back?
> > >
> > > There's a feedback mechanism, it's called Bugzilla.
> >
> > It's not a bug, it is a design decision.
> >
> > > This is a user list...whining here is merely pissing in the wind.
> >
> > That's only true if the designers don't care enough about users
> > to pay attention to the whining.
>
> Its not possible or efficient for developers and designers to read all
> the mails in the fedora-list to gather feedback.
>
> Rahul

This is your regular post with regards to user input.  We get the point
that developers don't care what users think or want.  Don't just tell us
to post to the devel list, they are the same developers and have the
same attitude over there.

With that said, I don't see a need for an "everything" option, but if I
were a developer and cared about what my users wanted I'd add it back
after all the requests I've seen.

--
Tony Heaton