Fishing License

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed May 10 01:11:43 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:
> Just something to point people at in your organization who did not see
> the benefits of a FOSS solution yet.  Reliance on proprietary software
> opens up an ugly licensing liability problem and Microsoft are actively
> [1] using it to harass and shake down companies.

They shook down our company. Some laptops were out of compliance. We can
run the latest of everything for Office and the OS because of the type
of license we needed to sign up for to prevent lawsuits. (Not involved
in this problem directly or involved in auditing, etc personally)

What a wonderful company M$ runs!

Jim

--
"To take a significant step forward, you must make a series of finite
improvements."