fc5: install everything?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed May 10 03:29:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 19:20 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 07:09:04PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > > Really? yum install vmd? yum install gamess? yum install gromacs? yum install namd?
> > > yum install mmtk? yum install openbabel? Funny, yum finds jack.
> > Developers!
>
> No developers (you seem to have been bitten by Ballmer, that's
> usually fatal).
BS.

>  Just check it out, and build it yerself.
> But it's not in the depositories. (No, even Debian doesn't
> have most of them).
And? Where is the problem?

If developers need something, they can chose: Use what other supply or
do it themselves, or ditch it.

> > > You're engaging in wishful thinking. I'm not a developer,
> > That's apparent. As I've said before, developers *know*, or more
>
> It is quite apparent that you don't know developers. I do; I
> have to change their diapers. Daily. Don't tell me about
> what developers know.
You might have some people claiming to be developers.

> > precisely, are supposed to know what they are doing.
>
> You must send me whatever you've been smoking. Some powerful stuff, eh.
It's always a pleasure being in contact with semi-educated people, who
can't refrain from molesting the public on topics, they only believe to
have understood.

EOT

Ralf