kernel 2108 in FC4 has mucked pendrive mounting

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed May 10 05:17:23 UTC 2006

Running KDE-Redhat and FC4, fully up to date, with kernel 2108. I connected my
camera over the weekend, and it refused to mount - normal behavior had been
that a dialog would open after a few moments, and would ask what I'd like to
do, open or ignore being the options. I got no dialog, but after a few
moments would get a blank konqueror window and a desktop icon for the drive -
clicking on the icon would yield the shattering glass and a second empty
konqueror window. Yesterday, I got the same behavior with my pen drive. I
just reverted to kernel 2096, and I got the same behavior with the dialog (no
dialog), and konqueror window opening, but this time, the files on the drive
were displayed in the konqueror window, and I was able to copy a couple to my
home directory.

Anyone else seeing this?
--
Claude Jones