Cisco VPN client does not work on FC4

Richard Lister rlister at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:24:39 UTC 2006

On 5/9/06, Marc Schwartz <MSchwartz at mn.rr.com> wrote:
> yukku yukkoooooo wrote:
> > Hi, I installed the Cisco VPN client version 4.7.00.0640 and the
> > vpnclient install goes through but the vpnclient program comes out
> > with the error

I second the recommendation for vpnc. It runs in userland, so doesn't
have the kernel version dependencies of the Cisco client.
Additionally, it sets up its tunnel as a new network device, and you
therefore have freedom to do anything you like with the routing table.
This means different networks can be routed through VPN or eth0 as
appropriate, a big win if your VPN has NAT issues.

Cheers
Ric