Thunderbird, Advance to next ...

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu May 11 00:26:18 UTC 2006

Don Russell wrote:
> On 5/10/2006 2:52 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> taharka wrote:
>>> Howdy,

>>> Does the following link help you?
>>>
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/tips#beh_nextunread
>>>

>> Yes, definitely!  I searched for that file and never found it.
>

> Use the built-in config editor:
>
> tools/options/advanced
> click the Config Editor... button
>
> In the filter field, enter mailnews.nav
>
> Double click the one item
> enter your new value....
>
> Sure beats trying to find the magic file. :-)
>
> Though you still need to know the magic values. ;-)
>
> It would be very cool, if, when an item is selected in the config
> editor, pressing F1 would show the comments explaining the different
> values. RFE? ;-)

Neat, I didn't know that "Config Editor" existed.  It has the right
value in it now that I made the change and added user.js but that might
have been easier.  As you say you have to know the value to enter but I
already had that in my notes.  I keep extensive notes on Linux
configuration, etc.

Thanks for the tip.

BobG